Monday, December 1, 2008

Ecuador at a Glance

Here are some of the things I got at the market: a blanket, two paintings, and these sweet purses.











My roommates Ashley, Caitlin, and I.


I am actually taller then someone look how small she is.
Ashley and I by our bus.



































Here are some pictures of Ecuador: My roommate Ashley and I on our first fieldtrip to Otavalo (the biggest
open market in the world!)










The houses here are so close together I love it!


Our first night out at dinner.
This whole experience has been amazing, it has also been way exhausting. Taking care of multiple kids at once that dont speak English is often times hard but then I remember that I am here for them. I have already learned so much from them they are amazing kids. It is crazy you can fall in love with them they just melt your heart once they smile or when they get so excited when you walk into their rooms and they greet you by saying , ¨Hola.¨ I just love these kids so much. I just don´t understand how someone can give up a child. I would do anything to find these kids a home that is all they want. I was expecting the kids to be sad all the time but they are the opposite they are so happy with what they have. Each child can bring a smile to your face sure they can drive you nuts at times but then they smile and I can´t help but love them. I have only been here for two weeks and I can´t explain how much I love working with them. I look forward to when I have shift and get to work with them. I would recommend doing this to everyone. You lose yourself in the work it is amazing and I am so glad I decided to do this.

1 comment:

Tiffany Collins said...

Jena
What an incredible experience!! I bet you are making the best memories. How have you been. You like like you have been busy!! Hope to hear from you! Take care!!