Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Bull Fight
















We went to a bull fight on Wednesday. All last week there was celebrations going on becuase it is Ecuador´s founders day on Dec 6th. The bull fight was crazy we got lost from the guy that we were supposed to follow because there was an insane amount of people there! If you aren´t there by 12 they close the doors well since we lost him we had to wait outside of the doors and we didn´t know if we were going to get in or not. We had to wait for a half and hour the guy was pissed at us but it wasn´t our fault. We missed some horse show and them killing the first bull. It was a weird experience I am pretty sure that will be the last time I go it is sweet to say I went to one though. After they stab the bull they stick a knife in its brain and move it around to make sure it is dead it is pretty gross they twitch and stuff!

So most of the girls have gotten sick and I have been lucky enough not to but then on Sunday right before the Christmas Devotional I got sick. I have a cold and it sucks because I still have to go to shift even though I feel like crap cause there are too many sick and we don´t have enough girls to cover. Today was so bad because I woke up felt like crap but knew I had to go and the other girl that was with me is sick too so lets just say it was a bad situation. We go into where the kids are and two have thrown up it was so gross they got it all over themselves and the smell is really getting to me. We have to bathe them so I figured I would start with them so they don´t have to lay in it well they also had the grossest diapers ever I started gagging it was bad cause the little girl was still throwing up and I had to leave the room. The other girl that was with me starting gagging too! I finally gained composure and got her bathed the rest of the day she didn´t feel good she was just laying on me and had gross diapers! Also two of the kids have lice so I am nervous I might get it I haven´t ever had it before and we have to bathe them so it is going to be interesting. Within the three weeks I have been here we have gotten 5 new kids they are the saddest stories most were found in garbages one baby was only a day old when they found her. Another one was found on the sidewalk tried up in a garbage bag that said, ¨I can´t take care of him please help.¨ I just think it is so sad that parents just desert their children like that.

No comments: