Thursday, April 9, 2009

I did it, I finally got a JOB!!!!!

Since I have been home from Ecuador I have a devil of a time finding a job. I just barely found one. Anyways I was so bored sitting at home looking at jobs all day it was pathetic. It was really hard for me because I have been so busy lately I was going stir crazy just sitting around. I had an interview on a Friday and the company told me I wouldn't hear from them for two weeks so I decided I would go visit Katelin in New York. I booked my ticket on Tuesday afternoon and was going to leave the next day, about an hour after I did the company calls me and tells me they would like to take me out to lunch the following day. I immediately freak out because they want to do it at 1130 and my flight was at 145 I thought there is no way I can make both of them. I was pretty bummed because it was the first job interview I went to in a month and a half and now I blew it. At the time I was getting my hair done so I just held my emotions in but once I got home I went to talk to my mom and started crying. I was just so frustrated because they told me two weeks and it had only been three days also I had called and asked if it would be a problem if I went to New York and the guy told me no that won't be a problem at all. So I figured I was fine to go. My mom was like well call them and say you can go to about a half an hour of the luncheon. That way the company will see I am serious about wanting the job. Well it worked they were very impressed the fact I would risk missing my flight to go to the luncheon. They even made it so we went to a resturant close to my house so I could go home and head to the airport. I went to the luncheon it went great I ended up leaving later then I thought I would. I got to the airport at about 1 I didn't check a bag and made it through security record time 6 mins. I am not a light packer so the fact I fit everything in a carry-on for 6 days was amazing!!! I ended up getting the job thank goodness. I finally have something to do. I work for a company that handle benefit plans for companies kind of like a broker. I process payrolls to make sure the companies plans we manage are sending us the money so it is taken out of their employees checks. I have only been working for about a week and a half, it is a lot of information to take in but I am getting the hang of it and I really like it. Except for the fact I have to be to work at 8 the first week was killing me and I was so tired it turns out I have a sinus infection so that explains that. I have to take freaken horse pills for three weeks but I have seen an improvement in my energy I am not as tired as I have been.

No comments: