Sunday, June 14, 2009

A little update

What I have been up to lately is: I am working full time and volunteering at Primary Children's. This week will be my third week at Primary's. It has started out pretty rough my first week I went and I was the only volunteer that showed up the lady that was there was just filling in for the lady that is normally there so she didn't know what I was supposed to do. When I left I was pretty frustrated because I like people to explain things to me like what I am supposed to do and where I am supposed to go and none of this happened. They just expect you know what to do and this definately not the case! Then my second week I was left in the playroom by myself for three hours, keep in mind I don't know what I am supposed to be doing. Luckily I worked at treehouse so I still remember some art projects we did there and that is what I did the entire time. By the time I left I was covered in glue, glitter, and paint but I left with a smile on my face. The kids I was playing with got to forget about how sick they are and lose themselves in painting the sun and things they like to do when they aren't in the hospital. This is one of the main reasons I decided to do this I love to bring a smile to kids face that is struggling. 

Life has been interesting since I got home with the loss of my cousins, Tori's brother in law passing away, to someone wanting me to put everything on the line and move away from everything I have ever know to see if we had a chance at the thing called Love.....I obviously didn't choose the choice he wanted me to choose. Tori's belly continues to get bigger and bigger I am getting so excited for little Sadie to grace us with her presence. It is crazy how you can have love for someone that you haven't even met before. I am also looking forward to Katelin coming home in August I just want her to come home already. Every year when my birthday comes around I think about how fast time goes. I can't believe it has been a year since Jace and I went skydiving on my 21 st birthday. It seems just like yesterday when I was floating in the air wondering why my ears hurt so bad and later figuring out I had a sinus infection. Oh wait a year later and once again I have a sinus infection I have had since Feb! I have also been thinking about going back to school to get a master's. I have had a nice break from school for a year and feel like I am not ready to start working full time or maybe I will just travel more since I now have the time. I am excited to see how my life will be like a year from now. 

No comments: