Sunday, February 15, 2009

Amazonian Adventure












































For the last part of my trip I went to the Amazon Jungle it was amazing I loved it. Although it is too hot there for me. We went on quite the hikes through the rainforest, went to a medicine man that blew pot in our faces, blew dart guns ( I got a crown made out of plants, because I hit the target!), swam in the Napo River with who knows what possibly aligators, jumped off a rope swing into the River, got caught skinny dipping by our tour guide, watched the sunset every night, visited the local market, and went on a safari but didnt see anything besides birds. We had to wear rainboots because it rains alot there and plus there are snakes everywhere so you have to be careful. I even got to hold an exotic frog which was awesome! We also got our faces painted with war paint from some plant that has a seed inside it, it is red. The people in the Amazon live off of the land it is pretty amazing. Drinking juice out of huge fruit and also learning how to fold napkins. Oh also my tour guides ate live larva right in front of us. One of the moms that was with us threw up because it was so gross! I have a ton more pictures but I figured these were enough.

1 comment:

Beesley Family said...

I'm so glad that you were able to experience Ecuador the way you did. I love seeing all of your pics. I'm so happy to have you home. Love you!